So, you’ve made the decision to go skydiving. Congratulations! You’re about to experience an amazing thrill and do something that most people can’t bring themselves to do.
It’s natural to feel a little anxiety before a jump. Often, we find that it helps people to overcome this anxiety if they know exactly how the process is going to go. Even though you’ll be part of a tandem skydive in El Paso, TX, with an experienced skydiver on your back at all times, it doesn’t hurt to be apprised of everything you’re about to face.
Take a look at a few of the best tips to keep in mind and how they’ll play into your overall skydiving experience:
- Before you step aboard the plane to start your jump, make sure you’ve got any photography or video details covered. You can’t bring your own camera, so your jump crew will need to provide photography or videography services (at an additional cost). Determine this ahead of time, because once you’re on the plane there’s no further opportunity to capture the moment.
- When you get on the plane and start to make the ascent to the proper jumping altitude, don’t let anxiety take over! The plane ride up is only a few minutes, but if you start to get inside your own head, it could seem like hours. Talk to your jump partner or think about something that calms you. The goal is to put yourself in the mindset of the jump by being calm, cool and collected.
- Breathe! When people jump, they stop breathing. It’s a natural response to hold your breath, but one you need to counteract. When you stop delivering oxygen to your body it’s easy to get lightheaded, cramp up or get dizzy. You want to enjoy your jump, so be sure to breathe as normally as you can for someone who just jumped out of a plane!
- Understand that fear is temporary, but overcoming it means enjoying the jump. In a tandem skydive in El Paso, TX, an experienced jump partner is always in control, giving you the opportunity to look around and experience the moment without having to worry about anything else. Leave your fears behind and enjoy the moment! Look down for a great view and be sure to look around to take in the amazing range of visibility you’ll have.
- There’s going to be a lot of velocity with your jump. For those with long hair, be sure it’s tied back and secure. Also make sure your eye protection is securely in place. It’s going to be tempting to hold your breath or close your eyes because of the wind, but fight that urge—it’ll soon pass as you get used to the momentum of the jump.
Everyone experiences their first tandem skydive in El Paso, TX differently. Keep the above tips in mind when you sign up and you’ll do great! Remember, it’s a thrilling experience—make sure you’re living in the moment when you finally do make the jump.
Categorised in: Tandem Skydive
This post was written by Writer