Wake up, brush your teeth, eat breakfast… jump out of a plane? It’s not a morning routine that many people have, unless of course today is the day you’re going skydiving in El Paso, TX! If it is, congratulations—you’re about to have a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Your morning routine won’t need much adjusting if you’re skydiving, but there are a few things that you can and should do to make yourself more comfortable headed into the activity. Follow these tips on the morning of the jump and you’ll be all set to have a great time, from the moment you step onto the plane until the moment your feet hit solid ground again:
- First, get plenty of sleep the night before your jump. Don’t wake up earlier than usual or do anything outside of your normal sleep schedule. You want to be alert and comfortable throughout the process. Instead, try to get your 8 hours and get up at a time that’s familiar to you.
- Eating a good breakfast also tops the list. Note here: there’s a difference between a good breakfast and a big A good breakfast is one that’s high in protein and will leave you comfortably full. A good choice is usually eggs (fried, omelet) and some toast with jam. Fruit is also good. Shy away from hearty breakfast options like French toast or the all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet!
- On the same token as breakfast, it’s a good idea to pack a snack. Some people feel a drop in blood sugar when they get anxious. Fruit slices, a candy bar or a couple of cookies are usually enough to quell hunger and jumpstart your blood sugar once again.
- Read up on the drop zone while you’re eating breakfast. It’s always a good idea to familiarize yourself with the area, including any landmarks and crucial landing points. You’re not likely going to be doing a lot of navigating in the air (your jump partner will take care of that) but it’s still a good idea to be aware of your surroundings.
- Dress appropriately for a skydiving jump! Dress in comfy (almost tight) layers whenever possible, to prevent the wind from whipping your clothing around during the dive. Also, remember that the higher up you go and the faster you fall, the colder you’re going to feel. Wearing some athletic pants might be a smarter idea than shorts, just like a long-sleeved shirt is a better option than a tank top, even on a hot and sunny day.
- Finally, review your safety instructions and be sure to take a thorough look at the list of good jumping practices. You want to make the most out of your jump, so be sure to know and follow all rules. Doing so will get you back on the ground safely, with a smile on your face.
It’s not every day you get to go skydiving in El Paso, TX. Make the most of your experience by taking the time to prepare yourself for it. You’re sure to have a great time if you do!
Categorised in: Skydiving
This post was written by Writer