If you’re finally ready to take that leap of faith and go skydiving in El Paso, TX, you’ll have to find the right skydiving center to work with. Even though skydiving might seem like a relatively straightforward activity—it’s just jumping out of a plane with a parachute, right?—skydiving centers vary widely when it comes to the services they offer and the quality of instruction they provide. Since the specific center you choose can play a significant role in how much you enjoy your experience, it’s important to take plenty of time to select the right one:
- A physical drop zone: When you browse online for a skydiving center, you might encounter quite a few websites that seem to offer skydiving packages without having a clear physical address. Usually, these kinds of businesses make their money by marking up the prices on skydiving services that actual centers offer and selling it to consumers. Make sure you skydive at a center with a physical address and drop zone to save yourself money.
- Involvement in the USPA: The United States Parachute Association (USPA) is the country’s primary governing body for skydiving centers. Any time you consider skydiving in El Paso, TX, make sure to check whether the center you want to go to is a member of the USPA. Though membership isn’t required, it indicates a commitment to safety on the part of a skydiving center.
- Capabilities: Some skydiving centers might offer limited services, like jumps for exclusively experienced divers, while others have a broader range of options. Look for a center that offers a wide range of services, including training and tandem jumping options. You should also find out about the altitude range they offer. If you’re looking for a higher dive, you’ll have to find a center with those specific capabilities.
- Training offerings: You don’t want to embark on your first dive without any training. Make sure that you’re prepared for the experience by working with a skydiving center that offers plenty of training opportunities to divers. If you want to hone your diving skills, training at a diving center gives you the chance to prepare for solo dives and higher jumps.
- Overall experience: You can sort through your skydiving center options by taking a look at their reputations. Check out online reviews to find out whether a center can offer good customer service and an overall positive skydiving experience.
Are you on the lookout for the best place to go skydiving in El Paso, TX? Look no further than Skydive El Paso. We offer a wide range of skydiving options and services, including professional instruction, tandem jumping, first-time jumping and demo jumps. We are proud to be an independently owned and operated skydiving center with decades of experience delivering incredible adventures to our customers. Our professional team of skydiving experts is here to answer all of your questions and make sure that you feel completely comfortable and safe during every phase of your skydiving journey. To schedule instruction or a skydiving session, give us a call today.
Categorised in: Skydiving
This post was written by Writer